Friday, August 31, 2012

God Always Comes Through

I stumbled upon a gem of a scripture this week. It's as straightforward as they come, nothing flashy but one that can be that can applied all the time. Before I share the scripture, allow me to set it up with a quote I read from Charles Stanley this morning. "Jesus never let circumstances control His emotions or dictate His actions. He chose to trust that God was able to carry out His Word." 

Every time I read that quote it stops me in my tracks. Wow, God always carries out His Word. Not just in the Bible from a historical and prophetic account, but in verses that He's given us personally. I can look back in the recent past and see how His Word has shaped my life and the very scriptures that were illuminated to me came to pass. The only thing that "is what is..."is God's Word. I write this week to encourage those who are going through change. I write this week to tell you...God Always Comes Through.

If there's one thing that's certain in life, it's change. Change is gonna come. It can be pleasant, hurtful, dreadful, painful, and uncomfortable. Wow. One good word, the others, not so much. Those negative words can turn into welcoming words, with the right attitude. Change isn't fun, it's challenging, but it leads us to our destiny. The scripture is Psalm 69:32, "The humble will see their God at work and be glad. Let all who seek God's help be encouraged." 

I know a guy right now getting ready to go through a divorce. He and his wife just recently bought a house together too. How can you tell someone going through that it's going to be alright? "Let all who seek God's help be encouraged." Reading through the Psalms you'll discover that David struggled in life and also in His relationship with God. On many occasions he asked God to forgive him of his sins, and for God to create in him a clean heart. Being broken and beat down though didn't stop him from putting his trust in the Lord. He knew God would heal him and God was the only one that could. Ever been there? Not a fun place to be, but God restores those who seek Him. "The humble will see their God at work and be glad."

Personally, I'm embarking on a new journey. I'll be switching careers early next year, leaving behind comfort and security that I've known for years. I'll be taking a pay cut which is outlandish I know, but I'm putting my trust in God who has led me thus far and has opened a door of opportunity for me and my family. My wife and I are step parents, and we face challenges every day with our children and other family members. We want what is best for them and we do our best to raise them properly. Dealing with change is tough, and life is tough. But putting our hope in God will always bring about praise! "From where the sun rises to where it sets, You inspire shouts of joy!" Penned by David after being up to his neck in flood waters. 

For you, for me, and for all who put their hope in God, choose to trust that God will always carry out His Word. "Let all who seek God's help be encouraged." If you've never sought His help before, make today the day. Be encouraged. He Always Comes Through. 



2 comments:

  1. I will be praying for you with the move of careers and I know it will work out for you. It was great talking with you about it all the other day and while it will be scary for sure, I know that is often the times that you grow closer and he surprises you with what he has in store for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoyed our lunch as well, good times. I was thinking of you too while writing this. You're stepping into new territory as well. God has great plans for us all if accept that truth. Even when things are tough and unknown. Our Pastor compared His leading to a flashlight...One step at a time, then another, and another. So true. It's amazing when you look back and see how's He's pieced parts of your life together. The things we didn't understand in the past, now make sense. And the times He's tried to get me turned around too. :) GOD is GOOD!

      Delete